List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kdewebdev Compile Problem (Apparent kdelibs/Qt version
From:       Christopher Hoover <cjhoover () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-07 19:33:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I got this solved.  Turned out to be the simplest of things, in retrospect.
Andras had it right as to being a 64 v. 32 bit issue.  On trying to compile
KMyMoney, I ran into the exact same error, which led me on a succession of
trial, error, and Googling (introducing me, along the way, to the wonderful
world of multiarch issues), leading to, for the record:

./configure --libdir=3D/usr/lib64

This being the first x86_64 system I've had, this simply had never entered
my head.

But all is fine now.  There were no problems at all, unsurprisingly, with
make and make install.  A quick download and compile of Tidy as suggested
when I first ran Quanta, and I'm on my way.  The input from both of you
helped me on the right path; thanks again!

Terrific software, by the way.

Chris