List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Howto for Quanta 3.5 with  Gubed
From:       Bill Fahrenkrug <billf () qwest ! net>
Date:       2005-12-05 2:32:16

On Sunday 04 December 2005 06:52 pm, Brandon Sussman wrote:
> OK - I am through tryin' to guess at it.
>
> Where is a howto that will tell me how to get started using gubed as
> implemented as built in to Quanta?
>
> All I really need is like 2 sentences on how to instrument and start a
'hello
> world' script and step through it with gubed.

Hi Brandon

here is the link

http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php

If you want a quick start:
Assume you have a local web server with php already running.

1) downlaod the latest Grubed Version
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gubed/Gubed0.2.2.tar.bz2?download

2) unpack it to you web root directory (mine is /var/www/html)

3) Start Quatna; Select Project from the tool bar; New project; enter a name
and select Main directory directory (whereever your index.php script you want
to debug is) This should also be in your web root. Select next through the
next options and than finish.

4) Select Project again and go to "Project Properties" select Gubed for the
debugger. Select options; in the Start Session field make it like this:
http://localhost/Gubed/StartSession.php?gbdScript=/%rfpp
click OK

5) Start a web browser and point it to
http://localhost/Gubed/ServerScripts/
Click on StartSession where is says " To start debugging, go to the
StartSession page."

6) If the script is not named index.php than enter the script name and press
debug. you should see in the status bar on the browser show Waiting

7) Go to  Quanta and you should be able to step through your test php script

...bill