List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] pure PHP dtep/environment
From:       Bčr_Kessels <ber () webschuur ! com>
Date:       2005-11-25 11:32:19

Hello,

I have been playing with the DTD and DTEP settings to make Quanta a better PHP
IDE. But I fail to grok the concept, I think.

Here is my idea:
* There should be two PHP enviroments:
 ** php embedded in HTML, what there is now
 ** Pure PHP a purely php focussed environment. It optionally could
have /some/ HTML highlighting of $string = "<h2>Header 2</h2>".
* Pure PHP should not have all the toolbars for HTML loaded, but should get
some PHP toolbars. For example an 'output' bar, containing all sorts of
print, echo etc statements.
* Pure PHP should off course use the default PHP highlighting and settings.
* Pure PHP could use some more documentstructure regexps Doxygen comments as
top level

I am not sure where to start, I would love a kickstart, but I would also love
to hear if someone already worked on this, or of someone thinks this idea is
silly and has much better alternatives.

Ber