List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] replace problem
From:       Troy Galloway <tgalloway () bwdllc ! com>
Date:       2005-11-18 14:59:54

Do you have regular expression turned on?
If so it could be interrupting $ as end of the line.
So if you replace the end of the line with nothing you won't notice
anything. Try \$ if your using regular expressions. Otherwise $ should
work.
-Troy
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 08:35 -0400, Sasha Andric wrote:
> On November 18, 2005 02:09 am, Jens Herden wrote:
> > > In quanta SVN i have some prblems with replacing text in the doccument
> > > when the replacement string is nothing. It does tell me how many
> > > replacements are made, but there are no actual changes to the document. I
> > > think this did work before.
> >
> > This sounds like a problem in the Kate part, this is the editor that is
> > used by Quanta. Can you please verify if you have the same problem when you
> > open the file in Kate directly?
> > If yes, you may want to write a bugreport for Kate.
> > If no, we have to look into this.
> >
> > Jens
>
> Sorry this is the weirdest thing ever. It is not happening today. I had this
> csv file and wanted to replace $ with blanks. Yesterday it did not work and
> today it does with the same original file. I changed nothing.  Probably my
> fault in some way.
>
> Sasha
Troy Galloway
Beyond Web Design
Programmer/Tech Support
316.262.4868

Looking for a way to keep in contact with current customers?
Wanting to keep web site members up to date about whats going on?
Ask me about Beyond The Inbox or go to www.beyondtheinbox.com today.

Have problems with Spam or Virus? We can help. Contact Us about Spam and
Virus
Filtering today.