List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta and FTP
From:       David Aldred <nr () familyaldred ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-10 19:10:53

On Thursday 10 Nov 2005 18:55, Andras Mantia wrote:> On Thursday 10 November 2005 \
20:49, David Aldred wrote:> > On Thursday 10 Nov 2005 18:38, David Aldred wrote:> > > \
> > I've recently moved from Mandriva 2005LE to 2006, and have now> > > > > noticed \
> > that I can't seem to upload via FTP with quanta any> > > > > more.  The option \
> > simply isn't there on the drop-down list of> > > > > protocols available (it goes \
> > straight from floppy to media).> >> > Aaargh.  Got it.> >> > Cache problem.  Stop \
> > this machine using the local cache, and it's> > fine.>> Does enabling FTP passive \
> > mode work? Control Center->Internet &> Network->Connection Preferences. Or if it \
> > is enabled, disabled it. ;-)
No: with cacheing on, I don't get ftp in the list of available protocols in Quanta, \
whether passive ftp is checked or not (I've also tried restarting Quanta between \
changes to make sure it's not holding onto anything).   If I change to 'connect \
directly to the internet', the protocol appears in Quanta and everything works.   \
This is a bit negative, since it implies that even if I use Squid's setup to disable \
cacheing for the upload servers, KDE still won't recognise it as possible.  Looking \
at one or two pages covering Squid, it seems that there's no easy way round this: \
I'll just hae to rmember to change the settings when I wnat to upload something.   \
Presumably Quanta won't get upset at the ftp slave not being available unless/until I \
actually tell it to upload something, so I can still develop stuff and test locally \
without any hassle.  (Sorry about the multiple post on the last message, by the way - \
                I managed to do something to make Kontact crash).