List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] tutorial?
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-28 16:54:38

On Friday 28 October 2005 7:04 am, Maury Merkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Quanta+ and on the Web site (or somewhere in the docs) I saw
> that there is a tutorial but I haven't been able to find it.  Does any know
> if there really is such a thing or is it just in the planning stages?
>
> Maury

There are tutorials for things like Docbook and there may be future tutorials
for various tasks. There won't be any "how to make a web page" tutorials
because there are so many approaches. The docs do a pretty decent job
explaining things and you can get questions answered here. I always learned
software by looking through the menus and right clicking everywhere and
observing and experimenting.

Because of the fact that our project uses sponsored developers I'm looking at
creating enhanced support like what you're talking about and putting it on a
subscription site. My thinking was that if the individual membership cost was
small we would have a large base and we could supplement content with
professional writers tasked with referencing our software. Actually I'd like
to get a feel for how users might respond to this as I'd like to produce the
extra materials and I'd like to better fund development. With the large
number of users we have this could be very effective if it were well
received.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org