List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta is so cool... but
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-27 6:32:17

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 2:49 pm, Phil Burness wrote:
> Quanta is the best, however, wouldn't it be nice if I could do all my
> design in the same package as well?
>
> I'm not sure about other developers but I tend to do several stages of
> design...
> Requirements spec.
> Context diagrams to show the flow of data / arguments
> Flow diagrams to show the flow of the code
> ERD's to show the database relationships
> web page map showing links between pages etc.
>
> Wouldn't it be really cool if I could do all this from within quanta? Not
> having to switch between packages - turn Quanta into a CASE tool for we
> developers!
>
> Should I add this as a feature request? Anybody else see it as useful?
>
> Phil

Feel free to add it as a feature request. However all you need are
applications that function as KParts. I don't think Umbrello does but it
would handle relationships and flow. Some of what you listed is already
included in the design spec for object templates in 4.0. (This spec has not
been released yet.) The difference being that they would be interactive
contextural objects in a new interface so you could either view or
build/modify/document your site from them.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org