List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Template like Dreamweaver
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 23:10:41

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 7:06 am, Aledan wrote:
> Hi. I'm a new (italian) Quanta's user.
> Can I use Template in Quanta like Dreamweaver?
>
> I have found, on Internet, information about how to convert existing
> template in Dreamweaver to Quanta project, but nothing I have found about
> "create" and "use" a new template.
>
> Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english.
>
> Alessandro

Quanta uses four kinds of templates which are discussed in the documentation.
1) Page template - new files
2) Text template - text snippets for inserting in files
3) Link template - a reference file to link in
4) tgz template - a template that is tarred and zipped and can contain
multiple files
Quanta augments templates with the following:
1) Global, user and project scoped areas
2) pre and post text for insertion on links, for example
pre = <?php include ("
post = ") ?>
3) Filters - scripts that run on template insertion that can optionally filter
the output

In addition to all this Quanta has Project Event Actions where you can assign
a script to any event, such as file open or close.

This is not the same as Dreamweaver templates which were designed to
compensate for the limitations of HTML as a static languages. This can be
overcome using PHP and the include() function. Dreamweaver templates can
however be emulated, even though we don't support blocking regions as non
editable. The dwt script included with Quanta was written for this. Beyond
that it is possible to use Project Event Actions to completely emulate the
behavior... though just using PHP is a lot easier for me. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org