List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quantaplus Toolviews
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2005-10-21 15:44:48

On October 21, 2005 12:03 pm, tress wrote:
> Good day sirs,
>
> Please excuse me if I have overlooked the simplicity of this task, but I
> can not figure out how to remove the Toolviews from current view (the
> closest I've managed so far is shrinking them to icons).  I
> find they take up too much screen real estate and I just don't need them
> - especially on three sides!  I have read the help file, documentation
> and mailing lists and can not find this information (or simply
> overlooked it).
> Making what seem like valid changes to the quantarc file has them
> overwritten on next startup or completely destroying the interface.
>
> Currently using 3.4.2
>
> Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction.
>
> Kinda regards & many thanks,tress

Try IDEAI mode.  It gives much more workspace and you see tool-views only when
you want/need them.

Window > MDI Mode > MDI Mode

This is how Quanta looks here.
http://tnt.goldnet.ca/argh/quanta_ide.png
This is Quanta from SVN but I do not think any of this changed since 3.4.2

If your settings are being reset on every startup you probably have "reset
settings" checked.

Settings > Configure Quanta > User Interface > Reset window layout layout ...

Sasha