List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] solution: getting rid of the irritating space mark
From:       "miles zarathustra" <quanta () aranyaka ! org>
Date:       2005-09-17 7:17:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

A while back I sent a message complaining about an irritating mark that quanta puts \
in whenever there's a space at the end of the line.  Then, though I found a way to \
solve the problem, the quanta mail server wound up dutifully blocking my incoming \
emails, to prevent spam, and I've been too busy until now to configure a mail account \
to conform to its demands.

Anyway, in case the same thing is annoying anyone else I figured out how to fix it -- \
it's actually a KDE problem in general, and Kate does the same thing unless you dig \
through some inconvenient menus to shut it off.

Here's how:

  Settings >> configure editor >> Editing (icon) >>
    show tabs (checkbox)

Uncheck it to get rid of the annoying marks.  Nowhere does it explain why a space is \
considered to be a "tab" for the purposes of the checkbox.

I hope this may help somebody else who is having the same problem.

  -= miles =-