List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] remove project from the list and password auth
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-09-08 1:45:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Wait 2 minutes? ;-) Seriously, we should abort after some time and
> Quanta does not know why there is no response from the kio slave, it
> just knows that no data came in. So it might be the password dialog
> delaying things or it might be something completely broken.

I see. Could we change the way how Quanta deals with it. I mean why does
Quanta assume that the connection is broken and the file was deleted when the
timer expires? Could we ask the user 'if' the connection is broken? Something
like a messagebox with: "The connection seems to be broken, do you want to
continue or cancel the connection attempt?"

I know we have message freeze but sometimes my idea wants to come out ;-)

Jens