List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] X mandriva
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-26 16:23:28

On Friday 26 August 2005 7:41 am, Céline Pilliat wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I can't install kdewebdev-3.3.2, a librarie is not found in ./configure,
> why ?
> I'm trying to install onMandriva limited edition 2005 with kde-3.3.2
>
> ls give me : /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6@
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.4*
>
> ./configure --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include
>
> [root@amiante2 kdewebdev-3.3.2]#
> checking for snprintf... yes
> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
> checking for libXext... no
> configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
> can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
> them either.
>
> ./configure
>
> checking crt_externs.h usability... no
> checking crt_externs.h presence... no
> checking for crt_externs.h... no
> checking for _NSGetEnviron... no
> checking for vsnprintf... yes
> checking for snprintf... yes
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
>

> Thanks

Hi,
There's just a bunch of things not quite right here. ;-)
1) I'm certain Quanta (kdewebdev) is included with the packages in Mandriva.
Unless you're upgrading it's on your CD.
2) The error you're encountering is because distributions assume you will
depend on them for packages and so they don't install the 100 MB or so of
include files you need. I wish they would. They are the "-dev" RPMs.
3) I'm sure there are update pacakages available through URPMI or whatever
it's called. You need to get the RPM for your specific distro version.
4) The current version of Quanta is 3.4.2, but if you build from yours you can
only build 3.4x on KDE 3.3x or 3.3x on 3.2x, or one major version above KDE.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org