List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       Linus McCabe <linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-10 5:38:29

Hi

>PS Didn't know whether I should reply just to quanta, so I included you in the
>email.  Also, couldn't figure out 'how to' reply, so I (don't laugh)
>cut-and-paste from the archives, and put the ">" by hand.  Is there an
>easier/preferred netiquette way?

I'm not sure what you mean here? :) I just press 'reply' in my mail
program (and I'm pretty sure you have a one as well? ;), check that it
got the addresses right, type and send.
If you mean that the mailprogram doesent add the quoted text of the
previous mail, it's most likely a setting of your program that needs to
be altered. What software do you use?

>I also had a localsettings.php file (which I thought 3d required--even for
>local), which I've deleted.

Ok, if you run locally, the default settings are set so that you dont
need a localsettings.php file, but it doesent harm to have one neither
(as long as you dont put harmful things in it, of course ;)

>>You'll also have to click to dislay the options of Gubed and configure it
>>to your liking (make sure that its using the 8016 port there!).
>>

>Okay did this too before/again.

Sorry for bringing up all these basic steps, you didnt mention exaclty
what you had done or what tutorial you had followed - just wanted to
make sure there wasnt any misunderstanding early on.

>When I do "nestat -l" WITH Quanta running, I get "8016" appearing only on one
>line, like the following:
>
>     "Active Internet connections (only servers)
>     Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
>     tcp             0           0 *:8016             *:*               LISTEN

Then it's no doubt Quanta is listening.
The only thing I can think of here is that some firewall or network
filter is putting sticks in your wheel.

After you've started quanta and it's listening (confirmed with netstat),
try to do either a telnet or a netcat (depending on what you have
installed) to port 8016. For example:

$ telnet localhost 8016

You shold get a clear text response like:
wait:6;a:0:{}setdisplaydelay:26;a:1:{s:8:"newdelay";i:15;}

The youll know Quanta responded to the request.
Let me know if it does, it will determine if we should focus on php or
quanta..

>Also, I've noticed (at any time) that I don't get all the buttons on the
>Quanta debugger toolbar to light up.  I only get the first two, execute
>showing every line and execute without showing every line. The next four
>(step, step into, execute to eof, and step over [my naming]) are not
>highlighted/enabled.  Is this right?

Yes, the other ones gets highlighted ones the script starts running.

/Linus