List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] FTP Log-On Quirky
From:       Jerry Smith <jsmith () mt-vernon ! com>
Date:       2005-08-06 18:30:48

Quanta is working fine and I'm learning my way around it but one
annoyance is that when I open the one project I use (my web site), I
frequently have to make several tries before it loads. Sometimes, but
rarely, the project loads without my prompting when I start up Quanta.
I'd like that to happen every time. Any clues for fixing this small problem.

Another question: is CVS useful for a one-person project (i.e., my web
editing)? I gather that it's purpose is to allow a group of programmers
or editors to manipulate a single project collectively and keep all in sync.

Last question: I understand that FTP is not good because it's not
secure. My ISP, provides free space for my web page, and their server
does not accommodate other protocols. as far as I know. Is there a
method by which I can make my accessibility more secure?

Jerry