List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Project Question; Compiling Successful
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-24 1:39:19

On Saturday 23 July 2005 8:57 am, Jerry Smith wrote:
> Thanks, James. . .
>
> I finally got the web page downloaded. I didn't see "project.*" (I
> forget the file type) which Quanta installs in the web folder. Opening
> that gave me my web page files. I find Quanta to have great depth of
> features which will take me some time to learn.

The interesting thing is that you can pretty much use it on any level of
expertise. I think most people never really find a number of the features or
never get around to using them. For instance you can use templates for files,
text snippets, linked files and file structures and you can create
"abbreviations" for longer text strings and complete them with Ctrl-J. When
you feel comfortable with what you know then explore a little and you will
find new ways to be more productive. ;-)

> I've been using
> "htmlkit" on windows which is, IMO, a really slick program. Quanta has
> many of the same features and perhaps more though Quanta seems to be a
> bit more complex.

Comparatively speaking Quanta's feature set is well beyond htmlkit, but
because much of it's complexity is below the surface it takes time to see it.
The key difference for markup is that Quanta manages it's functionality
through a parse engine that can deal with any XML dialect. You can load an
XML DTD from an online source and auto complete and real time validate and
XML file. I'm not aware of this functionality in Windows HTML editors.

> As a last note, Quanta has crashed on me a couple of
> times. It happened again this morning. I was looking at the various
> configurations of the MID Mode and it crashed when I moved from
> "childframe" to "tab" mode.

As Andras mentioned that is an external library. Most of the time if Quanta is
crashing there is something wrong with your system setup. In this case at
least the bug isn't something you see in normal use. If you do see a crash
ask here or use the bug feature in the help menu.

> By the way, how can I delete all the wrong project paths that I created
> trying to fine the correct one. I have 11 of them sitting in "Open
> Recent Project."

That sounds like fun. ;-) You can manually remove these from the configuration
file. Typically the $KDEHOME directory is ~/.kde. (hidden by the leading dot)
$KDEHOME/share/config/quantrc
Close Quanta, open the config file, edit and save. When you open Quanta it
should be fixed. You can also delete this file but you will lose any settings
and window placements.

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org