List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Regular expression search/replace
From:       Brian Cohen <brian () intercarve ! net>
Date:       2005-07-19 14:37:03

Ok so I want to search through my document for all instances of

<input [whatever]>

with

<input [whatever]/>

I'm trying to use the regular expressions feature of Find -> Replace,
but I can't find any documentation on how this feature should best be
used. What I really need to be able to do is to get it to match the
whole pattern but store the [whatever] to be used in the replace text.
It would appear that using "Placeholders" in the replace pattern would
have something to do with it, but I'm kinda lost here. I've written a
lot of regular expressions but I'm not sure what Quanta is actually
expecting and/or is capable of here.

Thanks,

-Brian