List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Compliling Error - How to correct
From:       Jerry Smith <jsmith () mt-vernon ! com>
Date:       2005-07-08 16:53:41

Eric. . .

I'm sure you're get really tired of dealing with idiots. I downloaded
"Simple Installer" and now I can't install it. The problem is I'm in the
earliest stages of understanding and using the Linux file system. Also,
I'm using Mandriva 10.2, and still learning me way around that distro

Here's where I'm lost. Following the "Readme," I've tried running
kmdr-executor and I get a note saying I don't have the necessary input,
but I don't see where to place the command line, so I guess I'm not at
the front end of kmdr-executor or I'm don't even have executor up. Next,
I tried using the shell and got the message "unknown host." And, then in
konsole and got "not a file or directory." Guess I'm not in the working
directory. It's looking as though I need to stick with RPM's, but the
latest Quanta is not in RPM format. It's frustrating. Perhaps I'll just
have to wait for an RPM update.

I appreciate your time and help very much, and I'm sorry I am such a dunce.

Jerry

If you don't have Kommander 1.0 RC1 but do have Kommander run like so...
kmdr-executor ./installer.kmdr
This will get you the verion 0.1 stripped model.

If you do have Kommander 1.0 RC1 then let's rock! Install like so...
sh ./si_installer-0.6.run.sh
This will install the full program with all the features.
Note that the project packaging is in work. Currently the "Finished" button
doesn't work on the install wizard by you will know when it's done.