List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] HTML blocks or include files
From:       Sean Schertell <sean () datafly ! net>
Date:       2005-06-27 12:37:34

Hi Tim,

Maybe I'm not understanding your question completely but is this
Quanta functionality that you're asking about or just how to do it as
a coding question?

If it's the latter, you can just use PHP includes like this:
<?php include('header.inc'); ?>

If it's the former, just use Quanta to write the preceding line of
code ;-)

You'll need to save your file as somefilename.php and execute it on a
PHP enabled server, then it will magically include your header file.

Is that what you were asking or am I way off?

Cheers,
Sean

On Jun 27, 2005, at 9:23 PM, Tim Michelsen wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a possibility to use html block or include files in quanta?
>
> Example:
>
> I have plain html files and some blocks of a site that come are
> reproduced on each side like header, footer navigation.
>
> In the windows editor I currently use one can register all html
> files in the project folder. Then I would change the menu block in
> a seperate file and let the program update all files which contain
> this menu block.
>
> In the html files it is mark with the following code:
> Start of block
> <!--INC:"myblock.inc","13.06.2005 00:06:22"-->
> BLOCKTEXT
> <!--/INC:"myblock.inc"-->
> End of block
>
> All include files are in a seperate folder which you set for each
> project.
>
> I hope I made myself clear ;-)
>
> Do we have this kind of procedure in Quanta?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

::::  DataFly.Net  ::::
Complete Web Services