List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Project File + CVS
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-08 21:57:37

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 5:06 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > We use Quanta in conjunction with CVS tu produce a larger website
> > edited by serveral developers. As it seems, storing the quanta
> > project file in CVS often results in cvs-conflicts.
>
> NOTE: in newer versions (3.5 and above) there will be a session file,
> where session related info is stored and which is not supposed to be in
> the CVS, thus reducing the possible conflicts with the project file.

This has been something we have addressed later than we hoped, partly because
everything just takes more time. As Andras said we are splitting the file so
that we can have part tracking data relevent to the whole project and part
tracking data relevent to the individual. As we continue work on team
development features additional data will be managed. The biggest frustration
now is tracking a project with files added to it. In the futures advanced
team features will be integrated. This is an area where I'm particularly
interested in development. When we are farther along with it you may be
interested in running a development version of Quanta to help us test and
refine this.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org