List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Sayonara Quanta comrades!
From:       Sean Schertell <sean () datafly ! net>
Date:       2005-06-07 4:44:55

Hey Chris -- would you mind listing the steps you took to get Quanta
3.4 running under OS X?  Does it run perfectly with no -- oh but you
can never type a plus sign -- kinds of issues?  I lost a full week of
productivity in my efforts to get a really usable, workflow oriented
desktop Linux system going.  Then when I finally decided to go back
to Quanta under Ubuntu/Gnome, I started getting kernel panics every 2
or 3 minutes.  My projects are all a week behind schedule now and
I've vowed to never go through this again.

So I'm switching to OS X indefinitely.  I love Gnu/Linux don't get me
wrong (I'm very happy with my eight servers all running Linux) -- but
I need to get some bloody work done!  I've found a decent editor for
OS X but if I could get Quanta 3.4 running *perfectly* on my new G5
iMac, I'd be delighted!

How'd you do it?  Was it hard?  Any problems?

Sean