List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Editing Remote Files
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-03 20:28:44

Hi,
Please subscribe to post. I approved this but this is how we keep spam off the
list.

On Thursday 02 June 2005 23:28, M Fitzgerald wrote:
> I'm running Quanta from Gnome on Fedora.

Ah, a beta tester. ;-)

> I'd like to be able to edit remote files. The manual says that Quanta
> takes it's information from KDE's settings. Is there a way around this?

Why would you want to get around this? That configuration data would be for
proxies and the like. For the actual access KDE has KIO slaves which give you
any protocol from any dialog or for the project as well as upload profile
views for the project when you are connected. You can simply open any file
from the upload profile tab and it's remote or you can use file tree
topfolders or a file dialog...
ftp://user@lessthansecure.org
fish://user@verysecure.org
--