List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta + Fish -- how?!
From:       Sean Schertell <sean () datafly ! net>
Date:       2005-05-16 23:52:07

On Sunday 15 May 2005 11:43 pm, H. McManus wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:11:39 +0900
>
> Sean Schertell <sean@datafly.net> wrote:
> > By the way I have SSH  running on the remote server and can use ssh,
> > rsync and scp from the shell  with no problems.  So how can I set
> > Quanta's upload profile to connect to my  remote server securely?
>
> I know this won't solve the fish:// issue, but if you can ssh into the
> remote server you should be able to sftp to it as well. sftp is
> part of the ssh package.
>
> In the project upload box, choose sftp as the protocol.
>
> Or am I way off?

I tried the sftp setting as well as the fish setting.  In both cases I got an
error message my host "seems to be unaccessible.  Do you want to proceed with
upload?".  After switching to regular FTP, upload works fine.

Could this be a firewall issue?  I have SSH running on port 22 -- does Fish or
SFTP run on a different port?

Thanks!  Sean

--
::::  DataFly.Net  ::::