List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Unicode setting in Quanta Plus 3.2.1
From:       Nigel Ridley <nigel () rmk ! co ! il>
Date:       2005-05-16 3:26:43

Paul Duval wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been using the French version of Quanta Plus for a while with no
> problems. I'm now creating a new page with French text. When I want to
> do a preview or to save what I've done so far, i get the following message:
>
> "Le document n'a pas pu être enregistré, car l'encodage sélectionné ne
> peut encoder tous les caractères unicode. Si vous n'êtes pas sûr de
> l'encodage à utiliser, essayez UTF-8 ou UTF-16."
>
> I've worked with files in French before and never got that message. How
> can I set the proper Unicode settings for my document? I've looked
> around but can't find how or where I can set them.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Paul

Have a look under 'Settings > Configure Quanta > Environment' and then
choose the *Default encoding* -- utf8 should work well for you (I use it
for mixed language documents -- English, spanish, Hebrew and Russian).

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com