List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta + Fish -- how?!
From:       Sean Schertell <sean () datafly ! net>
Date:       2005-05-15 9:11:39

On Sunday 15 May 2005 03:44 pm, Jens Herden wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 13:38, Sean Schertell wrote:
> > I know it's probably been addressed somewhere before (although Google
> > reveals nothing).
> >
> > But how in the world do I use Fish or any other secure file transfer
> > protocol with Quanta?
> >
> > If I just select Fish as the protocol and port 22 (Fish uses SSH right?),
>
> I only used fish local in my network and I never set a port.
>
> > Quanta just freezes -- no errors, can't close upload window.
>
> Does this mean you could open files and edit them?
>
> > Only solution
> > is killall quanta from the command line.  This was the same behavior I
> > got a couple versions back too (currently on 3.4 latest Ubuntu package).
> >
> > What's the secret trick to using Fish without freezing up Quanta?
>
> There should be no secret about it. If KDE works with FISH Quanta should
> work with FISH too. Please try to open a file via FISH in Kate or browse a
> location in Konqueror.

Maybe I don't understand how Fish is intended to be used.  I'm trying to edit
files locally, then upload them to a remote server.  The old way of doing
that is ftp (obviously insecure).  So I thought Fish would allow me to
securely upload to my remote server via SSH.  No?  By the way I have SSH
running on the remote server and can use ssh, rsync and scp from the shell
with no problems.  So how can I set Quanta's upload profile to connect to my
remote server securely?

Sean

--
::::  DataFly.Net  ::::