List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Location of .webprj files
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-10 14:44:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 17:33, Brian Cohen wrote:
> I am in a situation where I am often editing files on remote servers
> that I'm basically a "guest" on. I'd like to use Quanta to make those
> changes, and would like to organize those files into Projects, but
> Quanta seems to insist on storing the .webprj file, as well as the
> 'templates' and 'toolbars' folders in the remote location. Is there
> any way to get Quanta to stop creating the toolbars/ and templates/
> directories, and to store the .webprj file locally?

The .webprj files has to be stored wherever your project files are. The
toolbars/ and templates/ directory can be removed if you don't use
project specific templates and toolbars.
The remote project functionality is mostly useful if you have to work on
a project (that you usually work locally) from somewhere else. In other
cases use the upload feature.

> I'd like to make
> my use of Quanta as unobtrusive on the remote file/dir structure as
> possible.

The most unobtrusive is to use a local project and upload the files. But
if the files may be modified directly on the server by others,
obviously this is not a good solution. In this case the only thing
(without introducing other tools, like CVS) you can do is to create the
project (and thus the .webprj file) on the remote server. Quanta will
create (in 3.4) two files on the server aside of the toolbar/templates
dirs which can be removed: a .webprj file and a .session file. The rest
is only temporary, as during a preview it will create preview-* files
as well. I don't think this is too much.

Andras