List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Gmane test
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2005-05-06 22:47:42

Bert Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to see if this was getting through using http://gmane.org/
>
> Sending this via Thunderbird on Debian Sarge. I've now got 6,783
> searchable messages that gmane fed to me.
>
> Just started using Quanta this past month, very nice IDE.
>
> My blog post: http://nupusi.com/item/280

One of those 6,783 messages talks about posting through services such as
gmane.
To sum it up, I beleive it was requested that users still subscribe to
post, just set it so you don't receive mail (then read through gmane)
I think gmane adds a second authorization step for the admins.
Like I said, it's in one of those 6,783 messages ;)

Doesn't gmane rock though? It allows you to read lists in about anyway
imaginable. For anyone who hasn't seen the "quanta list blog" check it
out, it's an excellent way to browse the list, and archives.
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.quanta.user

Chris