List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] [OT] Simulate IE
From:       Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen () gmx-topmail ! de>
Date:       2005-05-04 18:07:43

> There's a translation to english, I didn't read it, holpe it's good
> and help you:
> http://tatanka.com.br/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?Wine-EN/InternetExplorer
>
> The article shows how to install IE 5, IE 5.5 and IE 6 at the same
> time in a Linux box. You will need three different wine installations,
> since windows doesn't let you run 2 versions of IE at the same time.
Thank you for the link!

Today I took time to re-try my previous unsuccessful attemts with WINE.

I had success. For Others: if the process fails retry serveral times! I had
like 10 attempts until IE6 started successfully.

It is still slower than the native *slow* IE and doesn#t render as the windows
version. But it is sufficient to be used as a testing tool.

Tim