List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Debugging in Quanta 3.4
From:       Mark Howells <mark.howells () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-26 21:22:35

Hi all,

I'm new to Quanta - I've been looking for a solid linux based PHP IDE
for some timre now.  So far Quanta looks really good.  However I have
some questions.

1.  Whenever I submit the Gubed StartSession page, Quanta pops up the
Directory Mapping dialog.  This also happens whenever I toggle a
breakpoint.  I have specified a mapping in the
Project->Properties-Debugger Options dialog but seems to be being
ignored.  Furthermore, I genereally have to enter each mapping twice.
This seems really odd.  I'm sure I must have made some
misunderstanding.  What values should I enter for 'Local basedir' and
'Server basedir'?  Here are the details.  I have a project at
/home/mark/workspace/Calendar and this directory is aliased to
/sandbox on the apache server (local).  I've been setting
local=/home/mark/workspace and server=/local/home/workspace
(presumably I could leave these blank also?)  I'm baffled.

2.  I struggled to get Preview (F6) working as I expected.  I don't
see anyway of previewing on a remote server as Quanta prefixes
'preview-' onto the filename which (as far as I can tell) isn't part
of the project and therefore isn't uploaded.  I have worked round this
by use of the alias above but surely this would only work for a local
setup like mine.

3.  To avoid me asking FAQ is there a searchable archive of this list
anywhere...

Cheers

Mark