List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Starting a new project via sftp and feeling like a
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-20 0:50:48

Hi Carles,

> Recent convert to Quanta here (emacs just wasn't doing it for me any
> more).  Using Quanta 3.3.1 on FC3 (can provide more information, but not
> sure it's relevant).
>
> I'm starting to seriously feel like a moron here and am not at all sure
> what I'm doing wrong.
>
> So I try to start a new project via sftp.  I insert the hostname,
> Username, and password.  Then I stumbled a bit on the directories, but a
> quick symlink solved that problem.
>
> Username: webmaster
>
> Project directory set to "home/webmaster/newsite" which sees
> /home/webmaster/newsite symlink-ed to /home/http/newsite.  WooHoo!  So
> far so good.

Why a symlink?

> So I try to finish the wizard and get an error "cannot open file for
> writing" ftp://webmaster@server/project.webprj.  Well, of course I do, I
> don't have write permissions to /.  So how do I get it to save the
> .webprj file to the correct directory?

This is a known bug in Quanta 3.3. There is a workaround that did help others
and you may try it:
type the complete path in the field main directory. Instead of
home/webmaster/newsite use  sftp://webmaster@server/home/webmaster/newsite
and do the same for the template and toolbars directory.

Since you have absolute paths in your project file now you can not copy them
to another location anymore.

> Once I get that done, how do I get my laptop to recognize that remote
> project.webprj file as my project file of choice?

Simply open this project:
sftp://webmaster@server/home/webmaster/newsite/project.webprj

HTH

Jens