List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Directory Mapping dialog EVERY time I debug after 3.4.0
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-03-20 8:33:03

On Sunday 20 March 2005 06.30, Kimberly Lazarski wrote:
> When I try defining a breakpoint in
> /srv/www/htdocs/Gubed/GubedTest/tests/variables/index.php it prompts me
> for the basedirs,
>
> I tried changing the project basedirs to

It seems to me those basedirs should've worked. if the project is local on the
box, no basedirs should be necessary.

I think I've found the reason thats the cause of your problem. You never said
if entering basedirs in the mapping dialog helped, only that you could use
cancel to skip it. Please try and enter them there and see if there's a
difference, because the dialog will remember previous entries and shouln't
pop up again if the previous entries work.

(Since your project is local, you can try with just a / as both basedirs)

> incidentally, while debugging, does Quanta *have* to draw each file and
> each line as it is debugging? This slows execution down terribly. On

No, it doesent. I constantly curse my self for my bad english and the poor
choice of words when i first made gubed.

Currently:
Run: Shows every command it executes
Leap: Exeutes until a breakpoint or error (or pause) occurs. (what most people
think run does ;)

(What is now called 'run' will be renamed to 'trace', and whats now called
'leap' will be renamed to 'run'. Most likely in next version)

> it just draws the file in question and brings focus to that line of code
> - execution while debugging is nearly as fast as release mode.

Try 'leap' and I think youll find it considerably faster than 'run'

/LInus