List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Directory Mapping dialog EVERY time I debug after
From:       Kimberly Lazarski <kim () biyn ! com>
Date:       2005-03-20 2:47:33

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 13:50, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday 18 March 2005 06:49, Kimberly Lazarski wrote:
{snip}

> > KDE base is most definitely installed (I wouldn't be able to run
> > kwin, kate, or anything else which remotely depends on kde otherwise)
> > and I am staring at the Control Center, and one of the first things I
> > did after the 3.4.0 upgrade (via YaST) was tweak Konqueror to my
> > liking.
>
> First question: does Settings->Configure Preview work (brings up the
> Konqueror configuration dialog)?

No, it didn't. I never checked because the first thing I do when I
upgrade KDE is configure kwin and konqueror to my liking, so I had no
need to select that menu.

> Second question: do you have the "kcmshell" binary installed?

It was installed, sure enough - but anything calling it failed (odd!
ldconfig should have fixed that right?). So, I simply reinstalled the
RPM and Viola!  It worked.  Thanks for the tip, Andras!

(tomorrow I'll tackle the basedirs and see if Linus' tip worked - I am
fairly certain it's configured correctly though since 3.3.2 debugged
perfectly)

--Kim