List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.4 randomly crashes in KDE3.4.0 Level "a"
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-18 22:09:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 18 March 2005 21:35, rwh wrote:
> #4  0x000000000069fb09 in CVSService::slotTimeout ()
Seems that this is caused by killing the cvsservice if it's not used for
a long time. But I have no idea why can it crash, except if you use
some special optimization flags when compiling Quanta/Cervisia.
In cvsservice.cpp (from kdewebdev) try to change:
void CVSService::slotTimeout()
{
  if (m_cvsService)
    m_cvsService->quit();
  delete m_cvsService;
  m_cvsService = 0L;
}

into
void CVSService::slotTimeout()
{
  delete m_cvsService;
  m_cvsService = 0L;
}
first and
void CVSService::slotTimeout()
{
  if (m_cvsService)
    m_cvsService->quit();
  m_cvsService = 0L;
}

later.

Also watch how many cvsservice processes are in the memory from time to
time, as the above changes my live a running cvsservice...
The timeout is 1 minute, so make the changes, start Quanta and see what
top reports. After a minute in normal case the cvsservice is killed and
it disappears from the process list. Now make some CVS operation (from
the context menus) and it should reappear and disappear again after one
minute from the last CVS operation.

If you don't have time to play with it, simply comment out or remove the
content of slotTimeout:
void CVSService::slotTimeout()
{
}