List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Directory Mapping dialog EVERY time I debug after 3.4.0
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-03-18 18:29:51

Hi!

The mapping dialog will pop up in case Quanta thinks the base directories are
wrong.
If the server tells quanta an error occured in file /var/www/index.php and
quanta translates this to /var/www_server/index.php
and /var/www_server/index.php doesent exists, the dialog show up, for
example.

The above sample is more or less a safe assumption that something is wrong
with the basedirs - if the file doesent exist locally quanta cant open it and
requests a different mapping.

The opposite, which you're experiensing, is a bit more tricky. Since quanta
cant validate if a file exists on the server, it will rely on wether the
basedirs led to any translating or not. So, if you tell quanta to set a
breakpoint in /var/www_server/index.php, but running that path throught the
basedirs doesent return a different path, Quanta assumes the basedirs had no
effect. Then it will run through previously maps made in the mapping dialog
and see if there are any matches there. If there isnt, it will pop up the
dialog.

So, first of all, check your basedirs again to verify they're correct. Alot of
problems reported have resolved themselfes with adjusted basedirs.

If they indeed are correct, when you get the dialog, try to type there the
same basedirs you had in project settings and look at the example to make
sure it turns out ok.

If this doesent help, please elaborate on things like: What are your basedirs,
what is the (real) filename of the script on the server and where is the
script mapped on your local machine.

If it works when you put the same dirs in the mapping dialog as you had in the
project settings, please let me know - then it's clearly a bug.

Regarding the side issue, i have no idea :)

cheers

/Linus