List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Redhat 7.2 = too old a version?
From:       "N.Pauli" <npauli () st-johns ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-02-25 22:24:46

On Fri, 25 Feb, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:

> Ubuntu is nice, but is a GNOME distribution AFAIK and I couldn't set up my USB
> cable modem.

I've just installed Ubuntu so I could use a reasonably up to date version of Scribus \
and decided, while I was at it, to install the latest stable version of Quanta from \
source. It did take most of a day simply because ./configure kept complaining I was \
missing packages (i.e. I hadn't set it up as developer box) and I did have to google \
a few error messages but the result was very well worth while.

> I like SuSE a lot but that update problem made me think twice. Another thing I
> don't like is that it's difficult to configure it by hand. You can't even run
> dhclient and the files are in weird places with different names.
> Sticking with Yoper :)
> --
> Paulo Moura Guedes
>
> Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org