List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Preliminary FAQ
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-02-23 16:36:08

Hi Eric,

wow I stepped on your toes again. This was not my intention.

I do not doubt that you are working hard. But I would wish more visible
results.
And if there are some FAQ's available I would like to see them as soon as
possible on the website. I do not care about the technical thing just put it
in a flat html page first so that the user can benefit from it.
Later, when the database is ready, you can convert it. This would bring the
information to the public and would give you as much time as you need to
finish the database.
This is what I mean with small steps. Some people invented a word for this:
evolutionary development:

"Evolutionary development is an iterative and incremental approach to software
development.  Instead of creating a comprehensive artifact, such as a
requirements specification, that you review and accept before creating a
comprehensive design model (and so on) you instead evolve the critical
development artifacts over time in an iterative manner.  Instead of building
and then delivering your system in a single "big bang" release you instead
deliver it incrementally over time."

found here: http://www.agiledata.org/essays/evolutionaryDevelopment.html

> a guy who is hyper critical about quality in software in the extreme.

I can find myself in this description and I hope you know that I do not expect
that others should be the same or follow my sense of quality.

Jens