List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Re: reset of .kde/quantarc (follow-up of posting
From:       Kimberly Lazarski <kim () biyn ! com>
Date:       2005-02-23 0:04:09

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 04:46, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2005 00:19 schrieb Kimberly Lazarski:
> > the debugger "should" stop on Quanta-defined breakpoints when launched
> > using StartSession but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do I need to
> > upgrade to Quanta 3.3 BE1 or BE2?
> >

> no,
> especially as there are no more recent quanta 'be' releases available.
> your version should work well with the debugger.
> and I'm pretty sure about what's wrong for you
> (as I stumbeled in the same pitfall, once :): your basedirs!

Bingo! That was it!

I thought one was supposed to point at the filesystem location, and one
at the virtual directory location as it exists in the virtual host. I
was wrong! :)

> if they don't
> match correctly, quanta won't complain about not being able to find the file,

(just some mild criticicing: in the exception handling, things like this
should be reported to the user because this is puzzling when you
encounter it)

> neither will the breakpoints work since they are set to 'another' file.
> also: gubed uses the dir where the file is really at, so if you are using
> symlinks, you might have to alter the basedirs..

That fixed it and it is a tremendous help! Thank you, werner,

--Kim