List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 13685] osx vtysh build can't find libreadline: SOLVED
From:       Sean Channel <pentabular () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-24 23:35:08

Hi.

I could not get vtysh to build with quagga (git) due to libreadline until I realized \
to set INCLUDES=$CPPFLAGS due to the slightly old autotools.

In my case I installed readline via homebrew, so:

$ export CFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/readline/lib
$ export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/readline/include
$ export INCLUDES=$CPPFLAGS

^ however, no matter if you have readline in std /usr/local/lib or otherwise, as \
above, you must set INCLUDES so that ./configure can find libreadline because it \
seems to ignore CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS on Mac OS X (and apparently not search in \
/usr/local?).

fwiw,
_S