List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 13438] Re: iptables rule for quagga bgp
From:       "Rolf_Hanßen" <quagga () rhanssen ! de>
Date:       2013-08-27 21:43:30

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your question at all.
iptables has nothing to do with the process to accept routes or not in
quagga.
In the bgpd you need to use prefix-lists or route-maps to filter prefixes.
If you run/enable zebra those routes will also be installed into the
kernel routing table.

If you want to filter the packets to the quagga process itself you
basically use something like:
# BGP sessions
iptables -A INPUT -s <peer address> -p tcp --dport 179 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s <peer address> -p tcp --sport 179 -j ACCEPT
# Telnet session to zebra
iptables -A INPUT -s <management network> -p tcp --dport 2601 -j ACCEPT
# Telnet session to quagga/bgpd
iptables -A INPUT -s <management network> -p tcp --dport 2605 -j ACCEPT

kind regards
Rolf