List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 12925] Re: voip application with bounty
From:       Ralph Mondegar <ralph () ipsecure ! com ! br>
Date:       2012-07-05 18:55:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello there,

   You can't exactly do what you want to but there are some workarrounds
that should work for you. The easiest way to do so is to route the traffic
for your sip carrier thru the first link and everything else (data in
general) using the second link. To achieve that, do the following:

- Set up a linux box (you could do that in other OS but lets assume you are
looking for an open source solution);
- Create a static route to the sip carrier IP(s) pointing to the router
used in the first link;
- Set the default gateway using the second link's router;
- Create a NAT to the sip carrier IP(s) using the IP of the first link;
- Create a MASQUERADE NAT for everything else.

   If you have another services hosted using the first link IP, you will
have to use mangle, specific PREROUTING NATs and its recommended to use QoS
to ensure VoIP's bandwidth, i'm just assuming that is not the case.

Hope it helps,

   Ralph Mondegar