List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 12175] How to exclude some connected routes in ripd?
From:       "Bruce A. Johnson" <bjohnson () blueridgenetworks ! com>
Date:       2011-03-21 20:22:45

I'm trying to figure out how to exclude some of the attached routes from
my RIP advertisements.  Basically, in my setup, my box is acting as a
router between an attached network on eth1 and another private network
that appears to be connected via a tunnel device.  Eth0 is passing VPN
packets to/from the other private network.  Eth1 is attached to bridge
brtun1, and the tunnel device is attached to bridge brtun2.  No one
reachable via eth0 should know anything about the other two networks,
and the other two networks should not know anything about the network
attached to eth0.

Here's my ripd.conf file:

> router rip
> version 2
> redistribute connected
> no network eth0
> no passive-interface eth0
> network brtun1
> network brtun2
> log syslog

Everything looks good from one perspective: there are no RIP
advertisements going out eth0.  The problem I am having is that the
network on eth0 is showing up in the advertisements sent to brtun1 and
brtun2.

Can anyone advise me on how to exclude the eth0 network from the
advertisements?

Thanks!
--
Bruce A. Johnson