List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 12043] OSPF default-information originate question
From:       Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess ! com>
Date:       2011-01-04 20:38:44

This isn't so much directly related to quagga, but I'm using quagga on 2
BGP edge routers talking with upstream ISP's, our interior routing
protocol is OSPF. What is the best way to inject a default route into
OSPF for our internal OSPF core routers? At first I through that about
using "default-information originate always" on each BGP edge router,
but my concern is that if one of the bgpd process dies, then the router
would blackhole any traffic destined to it rather then passing it onto
the other BGP edge router.

Or do I use "default-information originate always" and just hope that I
don't have a problem with bgpd process? Tried googling for this, but
really came up with no clear answer.

Thanks,
Bret