List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 12014] trouble with non-broadcast when starting OSPF
From:       Rudy <crapsh () monkeybrains ! net>
Date:       2010-12-16 5:30:49

Sometimes (not every time) when I stop and start OSPF, I have to 'kick'
it...

I have one interface that works fine (em5) the other interface I can get
working if I run these commands:

jejen-ospfd(config)# interface  vlan7
jejen-ospfd(config-if)# no ip ospf network
jejen-ospfd(config-if)# ip ospf network non-broadcast

Here is the config for the interfaces:

interface em5
 ip ospf authentication message-digest
 ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 PackeyWhee
 ip ospf cost 9
!
interface vlan7
 ip ospf network non-broadcast
 ip ospf authentication message-digest
 ip ospf message-digest-key 2 md5 PacketWheeAgain
 ip ospf cost 12

Yes, the other OSPF routers all have there interfaces in vlan7 as
'non-broadcast'.

Anyone seen this before?  I am newish to OSPF, appreciate any insight.

Rudy

ospfd version 0.99.17
8.1-STABLE FreeBSD amd64