List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 11832] Re: RIPd -- "match source-protocol connected"
From:       Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler () riscworks ! net>
Date:       2010-09-24 12:24:31

thus Theodoros Stamatopoulos spake:

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.

> you can use the command
>
> if you wan to redistribute all connected you can simply configure the
> redistribute connected
> command like cisco's way.
> if you want to filter specific connected routes, you need to make a route-map to \
> filter them and the command is like redistribute connected route-map RIPD_OUT
> and the route match look like this
>
> route-map RIPD_OUT permit 10
> match ip address 101
>
> access-list 101 permit 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255

The scenario is that I have some Ciscos that speak RIP. I want my
machines to take part into that network.

At the moment only the Ciscos are used as dial in machines (so there's
connections terminating locally). My machines should also be able to do
dialin stuff later, that's why I want to announce connected routes.

However, when using 'redistribute connected' my machines announce the
routes *learned* from the Ciscos as their own, as it seems, as all
traffic is directed to my machines after starting RIPd.

So, the idea was to convince RIPd only to announce routes that are
connecting locally, and somehow filter out the routes that it learned
from the Cisco. It has to learn them, but not to redistribute. However,
if I turn of 'redistribute connected', it of course doesn't announce the
routes of the devices that connect to the machine itself (preventing the
Ciscos from learning how to reach the dialed in devices).

Timo