List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 11809] RIPd in  isolated RFC1918 networks
From:       Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler () riscworks ! net>
Date:       2010-09-20 14:20:34

Hi list,

I have some little trouble getting RIPd running the way I'd like it to run.

Setup is a bunch of CentOS 5.5 machines that run the quagga suite (from
the repo, that is quagga-0.98.6-5.el5_5.1. The machines have two NICs,
both of them hold some VLANs.

On the second NIC there's five VLANs that carry 10.0.0.0/16 networks on
which I would like to use RIPd. There's already (non-quagga) routers
running in this setup.

Those 10.0.0.0/16 networks should be isolated, no traffic to any other
network, just amongst each other.

As soon as I fire up RIPd it announces the box' default gw (which is an
official, registrated IPv4 IP, which is also used for management of the
box, such as SNMP, etc.) and the traffic of the 10.0.0.0/16 networks
collapses because it 'ends here'. This is the case even with 'no
redistribute kernel' set in the config. I want to use 'redistribute
connected' some day, as the box should also be able to act as a dial in
machine.

IP forwarding is enabled.

When starting RIPd with eth0.12x interfaces in passive mode, everything
is okay.

Thanks,

Timo

----8<----8<----8<----