List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 11760] Re: Static Linux Default Route with a Lower
From:       "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler () tolaris ! com>
Date:       2010-09-02 16:15:58

On Thursday 02 Sep 2010 16:06:16 Kyle Brandt wrote:
> The "Why not Zebra" is what I tried to say before -- I want a backup
> in case zebra/bgpd fails. The particular case I have now is some sort
> of race condition in upstart (I think) that causes the quagga suite
> not to start at boot.  Chances are not that great, but if both my
> routers power off and both have this issue I won't be able to ssh to
> them remotely.

If that's the case, create a quagga upstart job. This way upstart will restart
quagga if it crashes, and restart it if it stops, just like a typical init
job.

Or just move quagga startup to later in the boot order. On Ubuntu hardy,
quagga starts at 20 at run level 2, the same time as most daemons. Move it to
99 if you think it's a race condition.

Regards.
Tyler

--
"Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein