List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 11236] Re: Quagga 0.99.15 and snmpd
From:       Jan Hugo Prins <jhp () jhprins ! org>
Date:       2009-12-06 23:22:47

Mathias Wolkert wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an issue with the snmp extension of quagga.
> After a reboot of the system, walking the whole mib is working fine, including the \
> quagga ospf and bgp parts. If I do a walk of the mib shortly after a restart of \
> quagga, the walk can hang within the IP-FORWARD-MIB and just timeout. The snmpd \
> process is still running but not responding anymore, ever. If I shutdown quagga it \
> releases and works fine again.
> It seems I must wait about a minute after the restart of quagga before I can walk \
> the mib without killing it. Anybody else see/seen this?
>
> quagga version 0.99.15
> snmpd version 5.4.1
> linux kernel version 2.6.31 (64bit)

I have seen the same problem when trying to use the SNMP mibs.
In the end we changed everything and we are now using some scripts that
get the information through vtysh commands.
I got the idea that it looked very much like the snmp mib could not
handle the enormous amount of routes coming in through BGP.

Jan Hugo Prins