List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 9875] Re:
From:       Daniel Ng <daniel_ng11 () lycos ! com>
Date:       2008-09-03 1:26:49

Daniel Ng <daniel_ng11@...> writes:
> I've noticed that when I specify a metric (of 66) for static routes
configured
> in zebrad, the metric is reported as '0' if I use the Linux 'route' command
or
> it's not reported at all if I use the 'ip route' Linux command:

Well, it looks like I was confusing the concepts of 'Administrative Distance'
and 'Metric'.

The following sets up a static route with an Administrative Distance of 24 in
zebra:

ip route 1.2.3.4/32 24

So now my question is, why isn't there a way to set the initial Metric of a
specific static route?

It can be done under Linux (using "route add...."), why not in Quagga?