List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 8089] pim or other multicast w/ quagga?
From:       Andy Myers <acm () dullroar ! org>
Date:       2007-02-27 17:40:56

Hi,

I've been using Quagga/OSPF for a while with great results.  I'm
thinking about adding IP multicast to my network, but I understand
Quagga doesn't currently include multicast support.  Actually it seems
the only actively maintained open source multicast implementation is
Xorp's PIM-SM.  So I'm wondering: would it be possible to run Quagga
and Xorp side by side, one for unicast and the other for multicast?
Or are people using other approaches?

Btw, I've been investigating resurrecting mrouted, but it seems like a
lot has changed in Linux since mrouted was last maintained.  Maybe
it's just the kernel I'm using (v2.6.19), but it looks like I'd need
to convert mrouted from ioctl to netfilter to get it working.

Thanks,
Andy