List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 7104] Re: BGP routes do not appear in kernel routing
From:       "Bart Van Kerckhove" <bart () it-ss ! be>
Date:       2006-06-15 23:39:19

Hi,

<SNAP>

> BUT! when I issue 'route' or 'netstat -rn' on each of the routers,
> none of the 192.168.5.0 or 192.168.6.0 networks appear to be in the
> kernel routing table.
Someone i know just had me fix a similar issue (or so i hope): he was
starting bgpd first, zebra afterwards. This should be the other way around
(at least it fixed the issue there).
It's a stretch, but in what order are you starting quagga's daemons?

> Also, router1 is nog pingable from node2, neither is router2 from
> node1.
>
> ip_forwarding is enabled on both routers, and the iptables forwarding
> policy is set to accept.
>

> Please help me out here if you have any suggenstions, I'm staring my
> eyes blind on this thing...
>
> Thank you very, very much!
>

> Best regards,
> RJ

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Bart Van Kerckhove
bart@it-ss.be
http://www.it-ss.be - "Solid Solutions for your IT needs"
"There are 10 kinds of ppl; those who read binary and those who don't"