List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 6174] OSPFv3 cost updates
From:       Sérgio_Gomes <sergiomdgomes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-15 18:03:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello everyone!

I'm using OPSFv3 (odpf6d) to set up an anycasted server. I have two machine=
set to the same IPv6 address, both connected to a router, which knows both
paths. All three machines are running Quagga. At startup, the router
correctly starts sending packages to the one with the lowest cost.

Now, when I change the costs of the connections on the router, Quagga does
nothing, and keeps sending everything to where it was sending, even if I se=
the cost of that connection to 99 and the other one to 1. So, I have to
manually restart both the zebra and ospf6 daemons for it to start sending
packets according to the changed costs.

So, my question: is there any way to get cost changes to take effect withou=
restarting Quagga?

Thanks,
 S=E9rgio Gomes